Principal Network Engineer / Sr. Principal Network Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill the position of a Principal Network Engineer or Sr. Principal Network Engineer or in the Engineering & Sciences (E&S) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
Responsibilities include all aspects of the product design, development, integration, test and implementation through the Product life cycle for incorporating changes identified by Program personnel. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new or upgraded Product capabilities, systems design, COTS/GOTS integration, and procedures needed to meet and mitigate requirements changes. Additionally, the candidate is expected to be able to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively contribute to the evolution of the Product.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
* Design, develop, configure, integrate, install and test network systems primarily consisting of Cisco, UNIX, Linux and Windows based LAN/WANs
* Derive system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives
* Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans
* Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation and delivery to the Customer/Operator
* Develop and maintain documentation supporting the Product through development, integration, deployment and delivery to the customer/operator
* Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
* Create and update Visio drawings of network and rack elevation diagrams
* Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex network system issues
* Work with vendor support for hardware issues
* Travel expectation at its peak will be 25%, but that will not be a consistent amount. Travel required for supporting Product installation and checkout at operational and test locations.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
* BQs for a Principal Network Engineer are Bachelors of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline with 5 years of Network Engineering experience; 3 years with MS; 0 years with PhD.
* BQs for a Sr. Principal Network Engineer are Bachelors of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline with 9 years of Network Engineering experience; 7 years with MS; 4 years with PhD.
* US Citizenship required and must be able to obtain and maintain Department of Defense Active Secret Security Clearance.
* Successful experience developing detailed designs with supporting implementation, testing and transition plans.
* Comply with DoD 8570, Information Assurance Workforce requirements by possessing, at a minimum, Security+ w/CE hours certification or the ability to obtain certification within 60 days of hire.
* Current industry recognized certification such as CCNA.
* Active Secret clearance
* Experience developing and implementing OSPF Architectures
* Experience Implementing Mutlicast over routed networks
* Experience with Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Huntsville , Principal Network Engineer / Sr. Principal Network Engineer, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!