Propulsion Engineer - Integrator
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Huntsville,Alabama,United States 6E3CP4 The Boeing Company is seeking a motivated & talented Propulsion Engineer for Huntsville, Alabama.
- Defines requirements for rocket propulsion systems, subsystems & components, associated system elements and rocket/ launch vehicle.
- Defines, coordinates and controls the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle.
- Develops specifications and architectures and configurations to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Configures or designs rocket propulsion sub-systems and components to meet design and performance criteria.
- Uses testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance, environmental effects and system safety.
- Defines and performs tests for rocket propulsion sub-systems and components.
- Supports systems to assure continued reliability and launch worthiness.
- Develops concepts for future rocket propulsion systems to meet requirements. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. This position requires the ability to access a NASA facility. Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. Government authorities. This is a safety/sensitive position and is subject to DOT random drug and alcohol test. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Engineering Bachelor's degree or higher Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Career and/or education experience working with engineering integration activities (green room, brown room, change control board, etc.) and/or Project Engineering/ Project Management.
- Career and/or education experience working with documents, drawings and specifications including their configuration control.
- Career and/or education experience working as a Cost Account Manager (CAM).
- Career and/or education experience working with the development of and/or analysis of rocket propulsion components, subsystems or systems constituting liquid rocket propulsion elements (i.e. Hydraulics, Thrust Vector Control, Pneumatics, etc.). Typical Education/Experience: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Yes, 10 % of the Time Engineering Core Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, Huntsville , Propulsion Engineer - Integrator, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!