Firmware Engineer III
Company: ENSCO Avionics, Inc.
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Industry Job Title
Firmware Engineer III
Internal Position Title
Contract Award Contingency
The engineering marvel that allows for modern Fly-By-Wire systems used in intense helicopter programs are developed with the help of ENSCO employees.
A significant portion of the modernization effort is the use of complex VHDL-based firmware components to create faster, smaller, lighter controls with increased reliability. The use of firmware components can be seen in aircraft, helicopter, and automotive applications. ENSCO design engineers apply cutting edge technologies to create the controls that are at the heart of these vehicles. And, we are looking for people like you to help us do it.
Do you have experience with firmware development and want to be a part of this exciting team* ENSCO is looking for engineers experienced in developing VHDL code for complex programmable devices. The task is full life cycle, including requirements generation, VHDL source code design/generation, firmware design analysis, simulation, and final hardware testing. The design/code is verified with the creation of test bench scripts running on ModelSim environment, though experience with any similar environment is acceptable. The design, test cases, and final document are controlled with configuration management tools such as Synergy and conformed with traceability toolset DOORS.
If you have the skills, experience, and desire to join our talented team and contribute to the needs of today s modern aircraft, we want to talk to you about this opportunity.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering, or equivalent degree/experience
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the following:
* Experience generating or working with VHDL code requirements
* Experience with VHDL code generation
* Experience with Firmware analysis and testing
* Experience with VHDL simulation and testing using ModelSim or similar toolset
* Experience with Firmware high level design such as Plan for Hardware Aspects of Certification (PHAC)
* Configuration Management (CM) process experience with tools such as IBM Rational Synergy, Razor by Visible Systems, and Apache Subversion (often abbreviated SVN)
* Requirements Traceability process experience with IBM Rational DOORS
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; min 3 yrs relevant exp
Security Clearance Level
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
Background Check Type
For more than 30 years, ENSCO Avionics has developed sophisticated airborne systems for the aerospace industry to meet DO-178C, DO-254, DO-278A, and military standards for manned and unmanned systems. ENSCO Avionics focus is on safety- and mission-critical software and programmable hardware engineering solutions, custom display development, tailored synthetic vision applications, integration test solutions, and the IData Tool Suite. ENSCO Avionics, based in Endicott, N.Y., is a wholly owned subsidiary of ENSCO, Inc.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law..
Keywords: ENSCO Avionics, Inc., Huntsville , Firmware Engineer III, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!