Mid-Level Structural Analysis Engineer
Posted on: February 13, 2019
6G5DP3Are you interested in working for the company that developed the first Minuteman missile that has protected our nation through strategic deterrence since 1958? Boeings innovations in design, sustainment, maintenance and modernization have ensured the safety, security, and effectiveness of the Minuteman system. The Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program is the Minuteman III replacement system led by the United States Air Force. Our team is supporting the USAFs nuclear deterrence mission to replace the entire weapon system and refurbish the existing ground systems infrastructure. The program will be starting under a three year Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) contract that will mature our design through PDR. GBSD is part of the Strategic Deterrence Systems division that is composed of the life cycle programs supporting the Minuteman system. Our division includes the Boeing Guidance Repair Center that manages the sustainment and refurbishment of the guidance system, the Minuteman Programs comprised of contracts for incremental upgrades and sustainment, and GBSD the Minuteman III replacement system. Our vast portfolio of programs (Space Launch System, Commercial Crew, and Phantom Express) provides candidates with the opportunity to grow and develop a wide range of expertise throughout their career. If you have the desire to influence designs and to see hardware through qualification and certification then this is the right job for you.
This Mid-Level Structural Analysis Engineer position is for a member of our Loads and Dynamics/Vibration Shock and Acoustics team, specializing in acoustic/structural/dynamic analysis.
- Conduct dynamic analysis for Acoustic, Random Vibration, and Shock to establish the system design.
- Dynamic/Acoustic analysis to generate external as well as internal acoustic requirements, defining component qualification levels (random vibration, shock, and acoustics), and isolation system design.
- Acoustic and Finite Element analysis using statistical energy methods (Statistical Energy Model and Hybrid Acoustic models within the VA-One software tool) and/or finite element methods (Patch Method).
- Coordinate with other engineering groups to establish the product's design environment.
- Guide product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, statistical energy and finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product life cycle to develop structural/dynamic environments, component qualification levels and durations, system dynamic characteristics and performance.
- Support both internal and external supplier development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet design requirements and specifications.
- Define and document certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Support in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements.
- Develop analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Analyze test data (time histories) and process acceleration power spectral density (PSD) plots and shock response spectrum (SRS) plots.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- 5 or more years' of direct loads analysis experience or Master's degree with applicable direct loads and/or acoustics development experience.
- Familiarity with Finite Element Modeling including NASTRAN, PATRAN, VA One and strong familiarity of MATLAB.
- Demonstrated experience of principles in order to plan, conduct, coordinate and/or develop test requirements; and demonstrated knowledge of multi-disciplinary structural testing of vehicles, their components or supporting technologies.
- Demonstrated experience of vehicle structure, materials strength and properties, design criteria, loading conditions and processes
Desired Qualifications (Preferred Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge or experience using NASTRAN and PATRAN finite element modeling software.
- Experience using NASTRAN/PATRAN or similar FEM softwares to perform structural analysis on aircraft or space structures.
- Education/training or work experience with MATLAB.
- Vibration and acoustic testing experience.
- One or more years of experience in any of the following technical areas of acoustics, vibration, unsteady loads, structural dynamics, payloads/interior design or turbomachinery design.
- One or more years of experience with random vibration analysis.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Aeronautical/Astronautical/Aerospace, Civil/Structural, or Mechanical Engineering.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Yes, 10 % of the Time
United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, Huntsville , Mid-Level Structural Analysis Engineer, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!