Posted on: September 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for applying engineering
principles and analytical techniques to establish and improve
manufacturing processes. Functions performed include determining
the machines, equipment, tools, and the sequence of operations
necessary to perform production and assembly operations. Proficient
in SAP to apply the correct cost of new processes or CI
improvements to a current process. The position will lead the
effort to understand and create lean processes by analyzing work
balance and creating standard work. Analyze opportunities to
combine work into cells and lead implementation. Provide leadership
to frontline supervision for lean implementation.
- Utilizes time studies to understand and improve work
- Analyze opportunities to reduce/eliminate the waste of
overproduction, waiting, conveyance, over-processing, inventory,
unnecessary motion, defects, and unused team member cycle time
- SAP - routings, labor, and cycle times of new and existing
- Educates team members operators on the importance of
eliminating the wastes denoted above.
- Drives productivity improvements.
- Promotes basics and drives implementation of 5's.
- Acts as a change agent for the value stream.
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined
in the applicable QMS documents; and suggests ways for continual
- Follows EHS rules and regulations and suggests ways for
- Promptly reports quality problems, personal injuries, and
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 + years of operations experience in a manufacturing
- SAP experience - routings, new product introduction,
engineering changes, labor cost, absorption.
- Coordinating with all levels of the company with NPI (New
Product Introduction), time studies (cycle times) and ECN
(Engineering Change Notice)
- Previous exposure to Lean Manufacturing environment. A plus if
have experience in the application and implementation of Lean
- Knowledge of the principles of ergonomics, constraint
management and visual pull.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Knowledge of products produced in the value stream and costs
related to the value stream processes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Analytical abilities necessary to plan and prioritize own work,
complete work on schedule and maintain required records and
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with
variety of employees and vendors.
- Analytical trouble shooting and problem solving (root cause
analysis, FM Tips, etc.).
- Understands paperwork used to control production process like
bills of material, routings, etc.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Huntsville , Industrial Engineer, Engineering , Boaz, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!