Engineer III - Additive Manufacturing
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Principal Purpose of Position: The Transformation Leaders
responsible for the deployment of the Carpenter Operating Model,
which is based on the Toyota Production System (TPS).---- Under the
general direction of the Site Leader, this position has the key
responsibility for overseeing implementation and development of the
Operating Model with a focus on assigned organization. Other key
responsibilities include Rules in Use including standardized work,
binary connections, continuous flow and root cause problem solving
based on 5-Why methodology.-- Will generate a standards rich
environment, visual factory concepts, provide daily management and
problem solving supported by leader standard work along with GEMBA
and overall systems and strategic thinking.Key Priorities of the
- Drive performance results and sustainment of gains through key
Gemba and DMM tools.
- Provide leadership in the development and hands on practical
application of Lean Enterprise tools and education.
- Act as lead for training and coaching of team members, ensuring
standardization and compliance to methods and workshops or
projects.-- Introduces and supports the use of new tools in
- Drive a culture of problem solving and be able to train and
facilitate solving of simple and complex problems.-- Train all
levels of the organization in Lean methodology.
- Act as a change agent leading continuous process improvement in
manufacturing and transactional areas.
- Serve as technical content Lean Expert, provide coaching/advice
to peers and direct reports, facilitate teams to achieve continuous
improvement goals, train others in use of quality and continuous
improvement tools and techniques.
- Provide leadership by challenging conventional thinking,
establishing and monitoring metrics and measurements, and build a
workforce that applies and utilizes Lean tools and techniques.
- Evaluate and recommend projects/programs providing
opportunities for improvements in key measurement areas (Safety,
Quality, Delivery, and Cost), in order to achieve expected results,
and manage multiple projects with dynamic shifting priorities and
- Ability to travel over 25% of the time to other locations
within a specified region
- Perform all other duties and special projects as
assigned.Education and/or Training:--
- BA/BS degree in Engineering related field required; advanced
degree preferred. Minimum of 12 years in a manufacturing
environment: or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience managing staff.
- Experience/Certification with Toyota Production Systems
- Extensive experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
preferred.Relevant Work Experience:
- Successful candidate will have prior knowledge in a
manufacturing/industrial setting with a strong focus in Lean
- Strong knowledge of quality tool kit including process
management and Six Sigma required.--
- Extensive job-related experience with LEAN manufacturing tools
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with identifying
and eliminating waste.
- Proven ability to empower others to use their expertise to
improve everyday business.Communicating & Influencing Skills:
- Strong communication, leadership and interactive skills that
that can work effectively across multiple cross functional
boundaries and have the ability to be involved with continuous
improvement problem solving tasks.
- Open and candid communication style with a willingness to
strongly challenge decision making processes prior to
- Self-Starter who can creatively drive continuous improvement on
their own initiative.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, computer and basic business
skills.-- Able to bring clarity and optimal solutions from abstract
information.Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive
salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life,
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability
coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other
options to employees.Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is
to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment
opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ
affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and
develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age,
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit,
develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Huntsville , Engineer III - Additive Manufacturing, Engineering , Tanner, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...