Company: Allied Reliability
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Seeking a Reliability Engineer for a leading North American
producer of industrial and agricultural chemicals.
Job SummaryProvide the technical knowledge necessary to drive
reliability improvements in the Nitrogen plant. This involves
ensuring required data is being captured in the CMMS, driving Root
Cause Analysis and driving the implementation of cost-effective
improvements through expense or capital projects as well as driving
improvement of operating or maintenance disciplines. The
Reliability Engineer will actively participate in capital projects
to ensure reliable equipment is installed that can efficiently be
maintained. Furthermore, this role monitors existing PM/PdM
programs and monitors other historical trends or KPI's for early
identification and resolution of reliability issues.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Leading Root Cause Failure Analysis efforts for jobs triggered
by documented procedures or at the request of plant
- Supervise hourly maintenance staff when Maintenance
Superintendent is absent.
- Assist maintenance technicians solving issues and developing
long term solutions and develop training program for maintenance
technicians to enhance reliability awareness.
- With assistance from JD Edwards / Reliability Manufacturing
Assistant analyze reliability KPI's.
- Champion the plant's predictive maintenance program including
the vibration and Windrock monitoring programs
- Stay current on rotating equipment industry technology, control
systems, operating practices, performance metrics and repair
methods and equipment.
- Provide direction on necessary spare parts required for
new/modified equipment installations.
- Monitor PM/PdM plans to ensure compliance is maintained, review
data collected and develop action plans as necessary.
- Lead effort to continuously review existing PM/PdM program and
optimize per the equipment criticality.
- Develop specific maintenance procedures, programs and methods
to ensure plant equipment is properly maintained per the OEM
- Utilize data from work order history, lost production analysis
and results from PM/PdM data collection to develop Top Ten list and
develop resolution plans.
- Shepherding the implementation of reliability improvements from
conception through implementation. Required Knowledge, Abilities &
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (B. S.) from
four-year college or university; and three to five years related
experience as a Reliability Engineer in a Chemical Manufacturing
Facility and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as
exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as
frequency, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling
theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific thinking
to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to
deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Preference given to an engineer who is working on or has
obtained their Professional Engineers License.
- Preference given to an engineer who has experience in a PSM
regulated process and CMMS experience, particularly with JD
Keywords: Allied Reliability, Huntsville , Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Cherokee, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!