Company: R E Garrison Trucking Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Title: Diesel / Trailer Mechanic
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Reports To: Shop Manager
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to
maintain diesel/trailer equipment operation by completing
inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; perform
maintenance on reefer units and trailers; correct vehicle
deficiencies; make adjustments and alignments; maintain records.
Customer satisfaction is first and foremost.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Ability to read and
write. Degree in Diesel Mechanics preferred
Experience: One Year Minimum of Previous Diesel Mechanic / Service
Technician experience preferred.
Additional Skills/Abilities: Must be customer oriented, have
excellent communication skills and the ability to work in
fast paced environment. Good work ethic and attitude a must.
- Performs engine repairs
- Troubleshoot engine codes
- Proficient on all repairs on engines
- Remove and install transmission
- Remove and install clutches, rear ends and engines
- Changes Oil
- Rotates and changes tires
- Tests systems and components
- Repairs or replaces worn parts ahead of breakdown or
- Drives vehicle for testing purposes
- Annotates Repairs
- Complete and maintain legible work order
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Determines trailer condition by conducting inspections and
makes essential repairs
- Repairs brake systems and ABS systems
- Removes and replaces tires
- Makes repairs on trailer body and interior
- Diagnoses and repairs electrical system and lights
- Perform suspension work
- Other duties as may be assigned
Below are the physical functions for this position. These functions
are the minimum physical abilities required to perform this
Lifting/Carrying up to:
( ) 20 lbs.
( ) 30 lbs.
( ) 40 lbs.
( ) 50 lbs.
( ) 75 lbs
( ) 100 lbs
( ) > 100 lbs.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
duty and/or function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that
essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is
intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the
employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and
requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the
company reserves the right to change this job description and/or
assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem
appropriate. Employment with RE Garrison is at-will, which means
that either you or the Company can end the employment relationship
at any time with or without cause or notice.
Second shift from 14:15 to 23:00 Monday through Friday. 8 hours
Keywords: R E Garrison Trucking Inc, Huntsville , TRAILER TECHNICIAN, Engineering , Cullman, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!