Engineering/Metrology Technician 2 - ERC
Company: ERC, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage
needed to solve our customers' and the nation's toughest
challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities.
We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and
subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our
customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique
solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure
success in the air, on the ground and in space.An essential part of
our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment,
and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they
provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We
always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people
are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.Check
us out on ERC.US
Your role:In your role as an Engineering Metrology Technician, you
will perform Mass Properties Measurements (weight, center of
gravity, moments of inertia) on various test items and flight
hardware fielded by the Army. You will modify test items and
fixtures to support ongoing testing. Operate CMM and other various
metrology instruments (gauges, calipers, micrometers, optical
comparator and dimensional verification equipment). Collects,
collates, and reports data results in required formats. Performs
basic maintenance and calibration on inspection equipment. You will
directly support the Climatic Test Division with various weapon and
missile systems in support of the Redstone Wide Engineering Support
Services (RWESS) contract.
What you'll do all day:
- Work as part of a team of Engineering Technicians in the NDT
- Use your skills in a hands-on environment working with quality
work procedures and safety documents in order to complete task as
- Participate in daily safety meeting, Test safety risk
assessments (TSRA), and posttest reviews.
- Support other areas within our division as needed to meet test
schedules and monthly goals for our customer.
- Create and audit improvements to existing work procedures and
safety pre-test documentation.
- Utilize Microsoft Office products to assist and operate test
equipment and associated components to collect data.
- Communicate with engineers, technicians, and customers to
discover and develop requirements with the goal of optimizing
current and future goals and efficiencies.
- Handling of munitions loading and unloading into test fixtures
for project performance.
- Overtime may be required as needed to complete projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including
engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
- Have attention to detail in making precision measurements,
calculating weights, and calculating center of gravity for test
- Enjoy creating and implementing improvements to quality and
safety programs continuously.
- Appreciate working on varying tasks that are complex in
- Like hands-on work and not sitting at a desk all day, every
Minimum requirements for this position:
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- 3 years of applicable experience supporting engineering or
testing of hardware in the appropriate area of specialization; or 2
years of applicable college/vocational/military/technical school
and 1 year of applicable experience in the assigned specialty
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively over the course of a
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 training certification is a plus.
- Ability to obtain explosive certification level II
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet schedule
- Willingness to work in extreme hot and cold environments in
order to complete tasks on time.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Drug screen required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government
- Must be a US Citizen.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Associates degree in a technical field such as Machine Tool
Technology, Aerospace Technology, and Mechanical Maintenance or
Military experience is a plus
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 training certificate.
- Previous experience as an Engineering Tech is a plus.
- Experience operating a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), and
other various Metrology instruments (i.e. gages, calipers,
micrometers, optical comparator and dimensional verification
- Preference will be given to those who possess a current Secret
government security clearance.
- Military experience related to ordinance handling and
- Must be able to understand and follow safety SOP and work
- Must be a team player and active participant in a functional
- Willingness to work across the contract on multiple projects
with flexibility to schedule.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday
Keywords: ERC, Inc., Huntsville , Engineering/Metrology Technician 2 - ERC, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!