Drafter/CAD Operator 2 - ERC
Company: Engineering Research
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Drafter/Cad Operator II
Huntsville/Redstone Arsenal, AL ERC is a servant-leader oriented
company with approximately 2,100 employees and multiple contracts
across the US. - We believe that our culture has a direct influence
on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the
outstanding quality of service received by our customers. - Your
role: In your role as a Drafter/Cad Operator, you will directly
support a variety of Department of Defense weapon system programs.
In this role you will work as a member of the Energetics Division
design team to design test fixtures, gun stands, structures and
mechanical mechanisms. You will be responsible for creating 3D
models, shop and fabrication drawings, and converting survey data
into map overlays, as well as assembling, modifying and
troubleshooting hardware for an array of mechanical devices. You
will also work supporting the MOUT Target Facility, which produces
targets made from concrete and masonry materials. Duties would
include understanding industry standards, construction oversight,
and QA/QC. This position very hands on and you can expect to split
your time equally between the office and the field. - What you'll
do all day:
- Work as part of a team supporting Engineers testing Military
- Apply Army and OSHA regulations into Designs.
- Safely apply designs into test fixtures and ensure proper
- Customize designs into a working application.
- Monitor, adjust and ensure quality to concrete targets. You
will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- Appreciate working on varying tasks and not working one task
for long periods of time.
- Enjoy creating and implementing designs.
- Like hands-on work and not sitting at a desk all day, every
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including
engineers and technicians.
- Are good at communicating with people.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Enjoy multitasking. Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must have a HS/GED education - 1 year of vocational school
training in electrical or mechanical engineering drafting and 1
year of applicable experience in three dimensional (3D) computer
aided design (CAD).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Solidworks or equivalent Software.
- Working knowledge of drafting specs and engineering
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as: calipers, mics and
- Basic understanding of mechanical processes and machine shop
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communications skills with ability to understand and
express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with your hands; assemble, modify and
- Will be required to work inside and outside in all weather
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government
- Must be a US Citizen. What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday
Keywords: Engineering Research, Huntsville , Drafter/CAD Operator 2 - ERC, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!