Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
HOW TO APPLY -To apply for this position, please click the "Easy
Apply" button. Applications submitted without a resume will not be
accepted. - -JOB DESCRIPTION -The FBI's Applications and Data
Division is looking for dedicated technologists to help us face
some of the nation's toughest challenges. As a Site Reliability
Engineer, your focus will be on ensuring maximum availability,
reliability, security and performance for digital experiences by
discovering and solving problems before they threaten
mission-critical applications. You will apply your combined
engineering and software development experience and skills to drive
best practices, patterns and architectures to maximize the
availability, reliability and stability of platforms, processing
and delivery of systems. If helping the FBI stay ahead of threats
by delivering on the potential of software and data sounds like the
right fit for you, join our mission. - -SALARY LEVEL -
- Salary is commensurate to experience and location. - -KEY
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony. - -EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS -Education -
- All candidates must have a bachelor's degree or higher from a
U.S.-accredited college or university. -All degrees must be
verified by submitting college transcripts. -Specialized Experience
- Experience reporting and communicating high-value metrics to
- Understanding of how site reliability influences users.
- Strong knowledge of data-center infrastructure and cloud
platforms in working directly with the infrastructure and
application teams. -
- Experience configuring and managing Software Defined Networks
- Familiarity with Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse
Jetty, Java, content delivery network tools or similar
- Experience with log management systems such as Splunk. -
- Experience with automated configuration management tools,
including software such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
- Working knowledge of automation and orchestration to enable
continuous integration and continuous deployment of applications
- Experience with networking and networking protocols, including
the use of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers, as well
as TCP/IP, the OSI Model and network analysis tools.
- Experience in troubleshooting infrastructure problems and
working with a team to resolve large-scale production issues.
- Experience instrumenting and monitoring systems to gain
visibility and understanding of how systems are performing.
- Experience with agile methodologies, performance engineering
and automation tools.
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Huntsville , Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!