Guidance, Navigation & Controls Staff Engineer (Huntsville, AL)
Company: Lockheed Martin
Posted on: November 23, 2021
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees,
families and communities. With employee health and safety as our
top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is
taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID
variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments
to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID
Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly
hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully
vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:Lockheed Martin is looking for a PAC-3 subject matter
expert to serve as Missile and Fire Control's liaison in
Huntsville, AL. Candidate will serve as the local interface for
matters of PAC-3 Fire Control, Missile Software, and performance
for the THAAD-MSE Integration program and assist with other PAC-3
programs as necessary.
The candidate will support:
- Systems Engineering Working Groups for the THAAD WSEIT for
integration of PAC-3 MSE into THAAD.
- Integration of the missile segment simulation and software
products with the THAAD Weapon System Test environment.
- Huntsville-based representative of the TMI Program Management
Team for internal Lockheed Martin and external customer
- The TMI Chief Engineer for engineering matters related to the TMI
Typical duties include:
- Designs, develops, implements, verifies and tests algorithms to
perform guidance, navigation and control of aircraft, spacecraft,
launch vehicles and upper stages during powered and coast phases of
flight, earth orbit, interplanetary cruise and orbital insertion,
as well as during staging events.
- Navigation functions include the statistical processing of
measured data points and their substitution into algorithms
simulating physical reality.
- Guidance functions include the formulation of specific equations
and control laws to achieve a desired position in space.
- Control design and analyses processes consist of the development
of the control requirements for aircraft, launch vehicles and/or
- Must currently posses a DOD Secret security clearance or
- Must be willing to travel to MFC in Dallas, TX on a recurring
Experience with the following:
- MATLAB and 6DOF simulations.
- One or more Air and Missile Defense systems.
- In the areas of missile algorithms and fire control for Air and
Missile Defense systems.
- Defense Acquisition Development Cycle.
- Ability to work independently apart from the primary team.
Experience with the following:
- PAC-3 MSE missile and fire control algorithm development and
- MATLAB, Linux, FORTRAN and C++ programming.
- Hardware-in-the-loop simulation testing.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our
customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand
extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're
dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to
change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast
team works with partners around the world to bring proven
performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin
has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and
Internationally, with business locations in many nations and
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Huntsville , Guidance, Navigation & Controls Staff Engineer (Huntsville, AL), Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!