Principal Engineer Mission Assurance
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining
Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in
aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our
world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take
advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push
past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse,
collaborative environment with professionals across the nation
ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is seeking a Mission
Assurance Engineer to join our Iuka, Mississippi location. We are a
world-class manufacturer of large composite rocket structures, for
commercial and military applications. You will support plant wide
manufacturing improvements in a low volume, high technical
environment, reporting directly to the Site Quality Manager. This
role will be integral to plant wide quality and mission assurance
of our products. Our work is mission critical and directly
contributes to science and exploration, national security, and the
betterment of people's everyday lives.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Authoring documentation to instruct operations on successful
execution of quality requirements.
- Manage and coordinate non-conformance containment and
corrective action implementation activities.
- Manage data collection, analysis, and customer interface
- Writing and managing risk mitigation actions and assuring their
- Active contributor to design change control reviews and
- Support internal audits, process observations and area
- Establish and maintain collaboration partnership across
functions and programs, customers, program management, and other
support organizations. The ideal candidate has the following
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant,
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an
organization at all levels
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to solve problems effectively
- BS in Engineering or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or
Math) discipline and 5+ years of relevant work experience, or a
Masters degree in a STEM discipline and 3+ years of relevant work
- Active DoD Secret Clearance Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior Aerospace manufacturing experience
- Prior Quality manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and interpret GD&T drawings
- Working knowledge of Root Cause and Corrective Action
- Working knowledge of Inspection Plans and First Article
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. Associated topics:
aeroelasticity, aeronautical, aerospace engineer, aircraft
maintenance, aviation, avionic, f 35, flight, supersonic,
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Huntsville , Principal Engineer Mission Assurance, Engineering , Iuka, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!