Reverse Malware Engineer
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Who We Seek:
- Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do
and its impact on society.
- Self-Starters. You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up
and disrupt the status quo.
- Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard,
develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
- Collaborators. You're a great contributor to a high performing
team that accomplishes great feats for our clients. Job
- Perform malware analysis and reverse engineering, as needed in
support of the resolution of security incidents.
- Create in depth and high-level reports based on findings.
- Verbally brief senior management on findings.
- Evaluate existing malware analysis capabilities and make
recommendations on needed SOPs, tools, and improvements.
- Create SOPs and work instructions.
- Assist with incident response tasks.
- Ensure removal of all malware related artifacts.
- Conduct cyber investigations through the use of host based
forensics, network forensics, log based forensics, mobile
forensics, insider threat, intrusion detection, reverse
engineering, and malware analysis.
- Coordinate with other teams and organizations and ensure that
everyone is up to date at all times.
- Assist with insider threat and cyber threat intelligence
- Evidence inventory and proper chain of custody management.
- Scripting capabilities with PowerShell and python
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network
defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Malware Analysis and
support efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage),
Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management), and
Cyber Threat Intelligence (mapping TTPs).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures,
countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts
to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially
analyzing security events (windows event logs, Tanium/Splunk
queries, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Strong proficiency Report writing - a technical writing sample
and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no
prior published intelligence analysis reporting, excellent verbal
and written communications skills and ability produce clear and
thorough security incident reports and briefings. Desired Skills:
- Prior experience and ability with analyzing information
technology security events to discern events that qualify as a
legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This
includes security event triage, incident investigation,
implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident
- Experience with evaluating cloud-based intrusions and malware
deployment Years of Related Experience: 10+ years Minimum Education
Required: Bachelor's Degree Must have active Top Secret government
clearance in JPAS Due to federal client requirements, can be
considered About Us: Attain is a place for great ideas and the
people who have them. As a digital solutions, management, and
strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative
solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and
nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We
are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers
of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to
shape the future. With a nationwide presence, our team is in 40
states and the District of Columbia. Visit to explore your path
forward with Attain. Attain is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Applicants have rights under
Federal Employment Laws . For more Information on Equal Employment
Opportunity visit EEO and EEO Poster Supplement , Family and
Medical Leave Act (FMLA) , Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
. cj123 - provided by Dice
Keywords: Attain, Huntsville , Reverse Malware Engineer, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!