Principal System Engineer - NGI Program
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense
Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Principal System
Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This
position will be located in Huntsville, AL.Position Overview: The
selected Principal System Engineer (SE) will become part of the
Northrop Grumman Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) System
Engineering team supporting program development and analysis of
system requirements and functionality in a dynamic
multi-disciplinary environment. The SE will work with program
management, subcontractors, and Northrop Grumman engineering staff
to develop System Engineering Products for the NGI program.
- Should possess strong technical problem solving, written and
verbal communication skills to generate and document system level
requirements, as well as perform system level verification/data
- Identify and define internal and external interfaces as part of
the larger systems engineering team.
- Compile, present and update formal documentation for defined
- Call, lead, and document formal analysis meetings across IPTs
and teams within the program
- Support the SE Requirements team in the development and
documentation of formal requirements within the requirements
management database DOORS
- Support the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) team in
documentation of system within the CAMEO tool.
- Support system design, data analyses, interface verification,
testing, and failure/anomaly resolution.
- Support the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more
components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual
- Provide commensurate level leadership to the system engineering
effort, including direct and in-direct management of engineers with
limited oversight from engineering senior leadership personnel in a
- Should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion
- Prepare and present materials at program major milestone
- Support the program leadership in planning, monitoring
schedule, and reporting on progress and accomplishments.The
selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment
with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments,
collaborative/team settings across all levels.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 5 years of
related experience, Master's Degree and 3 years of related
experience or a PhD with 0 years of experience
- Exposure to DOORS and CAMEO tools
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to effectively
communicate with Government counterparts, other defense contractor
organizations, and cross-functional organizations.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time to customer
and Northrop Grumman locations.
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD issued Secret
security clearance is required to start.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Missile Defense Agency customers and aerospace
- Knowledge of Military Specifications, Contract Data
Requirements Lists (CDRLs), Data Item Descriptions (DIDs) and other
related technical and contractual documents.
- Advanced Microsoft (MS) Office product skills to include Word,
PowerPoint, Excel; knowledge/experience using MS Access and
- Advanced skills in DOORS and CAMEO tools, experience developing
and integrating new architectural analysis via Model Based Systems
- Experience using the following Web applications/Software
programs: SharePoint; Teamcenter, etc.
- Experience with geographically and organizationally diverse
- Familiarity with Agile engineering and Jira
- Familiarity with operational or mission analysis methodologies
Salary Range: $92,200 USD - $138,400 USD Employees may be eligible
for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses
are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Huntsville , Principal System Engineer - NGI Program, Education / Teaching , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!