Senior Technical Writer
Company: Torch Technologies
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Torch Technologies is currently seeking a Technical Writer to
work in Huntsville, AL. This position is a Temporary on Call
position, tasks will be irregular on a need basis. Hours per year
will not exceed 900 hours. Some travel may be required.
- Expert knowledge with MIL-STD-40051; be able to identify
changes needed to upgrade to current standard and have direct
experience with large documents from start to finish.
- Experience developing Army Technical Manual (TM), Depot
Maintenance Work Requirement (DMWR), or Modification Work Order
(MWO); tagged to XML, with clear understanding of format and
requirements for publishing.
- Recent hands-on experience with Arbor Text Editor, Ultra Edit,
or similar text editors to work with Army supported document
- Capable of using IADS to view a document, but also use the
built in or provided troubleshooting tools to ensure Standard is
- Interface with engineers, program management, technicians, etc.
across all aviation platforms.
- Capable of interpreting engineering instructions and
translating them to appropriate TM instructions.
Experience with one or more of the following areas is considered
- Knowledge or capable of using Arbor Text, Ultra Edit, Iso Draw
or Adobe Illustrator to create or manipulate document
- Interpret engineering drawings and technical information to
create step by step procedures as needed.
- Organized and capable of keeping programs on schedule, keep
track of program hours, and identify discrepancies.
- Use online tools to research part numbers, national stock
numbers, definitions, material use etc., to assist with incomplete
or inconsistent data.
- Good working relation with Pub Services, LOGSA, or any of the
aviation platform pubs personnel.
- Knowledge or capability to create code, scripts, or macros to
automate repetitive actions during document build, to increase
efficiency and productivity.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 8 years of experience.
Position requires that candidate meet requirements to obtain a
final security clearance. Inability to obtain a security clearance
will result in candidate being ineligible for this position
COVID Policy: In accordance with the Executive Order 14042 on
Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors,
Torch Technologies is obligated to comply with the requirements
that all employees be vaccinated from COVID-19. Prospective and/or
new employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide
proof of vaccination status or have an approved legal accommodation
as a condition of employment prior to the start of employment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access
https://torchtechnologies.hua.hrsmart.com/ats as a result of your
disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an
email to email@example.com. Thanks for your
interest in Torch Technologies.
Keywords: Torch Technologies, Huntsville , Senior Technical Writer, Advertising , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!