Director of Finance
Company: Habitat For Humanity International
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Habitat for Humanity International is seeking to hire an
experienced and professional Director of Finance.
* In addition to the Staff Accountant Responsibilities, the
Director of Finance is also responsible for:
* Preparing and maintaining expense budgets (construction, general,
* Files reports to multiple federal and state government agencies,
as well as Habitat for Humanity International.
* Maintain cash flow and investments.
* Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and
present at monthly Board of Directors meetings.
* Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws.
* Monitor internal controls and develop additional controls if
* Ensure compliance with document retention policies.
* Delivering deposits to financial institutions as they occur.
* Complete a RESPA analysis annually and recalculate homeowner's
escrow payment to maintain the appropriate balance.
* Administer Delinquent, Forbearance, and Foreclosure Policies as
communicated by the Board of Directors.
* Provide detailed information for grant applications.
* Manage the requests of grants and provide reports to awarding
organizations as well as the Executive Director and Board of
* Administer documents required to transfer properties.
* Supervise Staff Accountant ensuring all job duties are completed
correctly and efficiently.
* Assist with the supervision of other departments as
* Maintain all permanent financial files.
* Maintain all permanent homeowner files, past and present.
* Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
* 3-5 minimum years experience in a financial role with a regular
increase in responsibilities.
* Experience in a supervisory position.
* Mortgage experience preferred, but not required.
* QuickBooks experience required.
* Competent with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and
* Strong attention to detail required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Accrue up to 16 days of paid time off (PTO) per year (1.333
Paid Holidays (10 days per year)
Health Insurance for the employee (100% covered by the affiliate)
with the option for coverage of others.
Dental Insurance plan available.
SIMPLE IRA with a matching program for up to 3%. You will have to
wait for enrollment period to start investing into the IRA.
Life Insurance with a face value of $50,000 pending approval from
Habitat's insurance company.
HOW TO APPLY:
Jeremy Foulks, Executive Director at
Habitat for Humanity of the River Valley
400 Pratt Ave. NW
Huntsville, AL 35801
#LI-DNP Location: State/Region: Alabama Job Type: Employment Type:
Affiliate Job Function: US Affiliate Travel: About Habitat for
HumanityHabitat for Humanity , founded in 1976, is a global,
Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an
intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to
put God's love into action, Habitat brings together people of all
faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope.
Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals
build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength,
stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for
themselves. Habitatseeks individuals who have a willingness to
affirm these principles and values.Habitat for Humanity
International is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ
and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a
manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person
because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age,
national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation,
veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Habitat For Humanity International, Huntsville , Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!