Senior Full Stack Engineer
Company: Kailos Genetics
Posted on: June 24, 2022
DESCRIPTIONThis position is for a senior full-stack software
engineer who will develop cloud-based applications that are paired
with the Kailos Genetics Target Rich - DNA enrichment technology.
The Kailos Blue - suite of software applications provides tools
that help R&D lab scientists and lab personnel prepare samples
for DNA sequencing, analyze the sequencing results, and develop
various novel analytical tools and views to quickly assess the
quality and genetic attributes of the sequencing results. In
addition, Kailos Blue - also provides tools that assist in managing
the core business operations and networked assets.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS/ MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with stakeholders and designers to define user-friendly
and intuitive web applications for eCommerce and lab management
- Actively engage in requirements gathering, technical
specification, and the design and development of software
applications and user-facing features.
- Develop, test, deploy, and monitor these applications
throughout all of the development cycle.
- Bring your excitement to apply your skills in the field of
molecular diagnostics.The ideal candidate is a self-starter that
works independently within a multidisciplinary team. This person
will work closely with the executive management team in the
planning and design of software. Specifically, one will design
web-based software that runs efficiently in an Amazon Cloud (AWS)
environment. That work will generally include web-based views,
middle tier modules, and data-intensive back-end tools that process
the extremely large DNA sequencing result sets.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Experience with all aspects of the software engineering process
including: refinement of requirements, estimation, design,
development, and test. Experience with agile methods and rapid
deployment cycles is highly desired.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to efficiently
evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing priorities
and projects. Requires the ability to work with interdisciplinary
teams, including sales, marketing, finance, bioinformatics, and
- Ability to quickly master new skills, methods and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to express scientific results in a clear, concise
manner.---REQUIREMENTS SUMMARYEDUCATION: B.S., M.S., Or Ph.D. in
computer science, or a related field.EXPERIENCE: 5 or more years of
experience, preferably in a startup (industry) setting.Experience
and skills preferred include:
- A scripting language such as Ruby
- Amazon AWS
- Linux, OS X, or other variants of Unix
- Bioinformatics tools
- Innovative, independent and goal oriented. Experience with
scaling, streamlining and optimizing processes highly
desirable.Excellent collaboration & communication skills.
Keywords: Kailos Genetics, Huntsville , Senior Full Stack Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!