Vice President of Accounting
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Vice President of Accounting in Huntsville, Alabama - Careers at
GaN Skip Branding We welcome Q-Track to the GaN family! More
- About Us
- Contact Contract Vehicles AMCOM EXPRESS
Army Evaluation Center (AEC) Geeks and Nerds
11247 S. Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35803
-- 2019 GaN Corporation Technical Papers Vice President of
Accounting in Huntsville, Alabama - Careers at GaN Skip to Main
Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in
your browser to experience all the personalized features of this
site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page
Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Vice President of
Accounting Job Locations US-AL-Huntsville Job ID 2021-1385 # of
Openings 1 Category Accounting/Finance Type Regular Full-Time
Overview https://www.GeeksAndNerds.com/ Recruiter@GeeksAndNerds.com
About GaN: The mission of Geeks and Nerds (GaN) Corporation --is--
"to deliver innovative and superior services and technology
solutions for our customers, Nation and community." We are seeking
an exceptional candidate for-- Vice President of Accounting --for
our government services division.-- GaN is an employee-owned ESOP
company. We believe the success of our corporation is directly tied
to the well-being and success of our employee-owners. We have been
recognized as-- one of the Top 100 Companies --in the United States
by the-- US Chamber of Commerce ,-- Technology Business of the Year
--by the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce, and a BBB
Ethics Award recipient. Our Founder, Dr. Kim, has been recognized
as the Chamber of Commerce Executive of the Year, IEEE Professional
of the year, and Entrepreneur of the year. In addition, our
innovative culture has produced over 10 U.S. Patents. Our proven
track record of success is only made possible by our
extraordinarily talented and dedicated employees. Join us and
become an owner of an exciting company with an important mission!
Job Overview: GaN is seeking a very experienced Vice President of
Accounting to be responsible for the accounting operations of the
company, to include the production of periodic financial reports,
maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of
controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the
accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure
that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting
principles (GAAP). This position reports to the CEO or the CEO's
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department.
- Supervise the accounting team.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant
issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected promptly.
- Ensure that payroll is processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors
for the annual audit.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting
requirements and tax filings.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and
- 15+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience.
- 10+ years of experience in financial reporting related to DoD
- Expert knowledge of Deltek Costpoint.
- Working Knowledge of the FAR, DFAR, and other supplemental
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A keen mind and a great work ethic. Requirements (minimum):
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance Additional Preferred
- Master's degree in accounting Special Requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to
- May be subject to a security investigation. Equal Opportunity
Employer: Geeks and Nerds Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or
any other legally protected classifications.--Geeks and Nerds
Corporation participates in E-Verify. Options Apply for this job
online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Huntsville , Vice President of Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!